“OTT has a very important role to play. . . . Today in the OTT environment, we just duplicate the traditional pay TV business model. . . . We need to look out of the box. . . . We should stop focusing on our own industry and start looking at [how] the other industries who are also facing the same problems, are tackling those issues.”
Managing Director, APAC
What to Expect and What’s New for 2019
The Asia Video Summit is not just another conference. The aim is to ask hard questions and curate the defining conversations about the state of the video industry in 2019.
In this second year of the Summit, there are 5 key themes that we will be focusing on:
2019 Expected Figures
New Discussion Topics Include
– Reinvention of Free to Air in Asia
– Asia Pacific Online Video Leaders’ Views: Rethinking Your Monetization Strategy
– Aggregate, Bundle, Create the Right UX
– Monetising from Cash Based Markets
– Addressing Human Capital Opportunities and Challenges in this New Digital Age
– The News Industry: The Challenges and Opportunities that Remain
– The Millennials’ Views on Media Industry: Technology, Digital Innovation, Consumption Trends
– What can the TV Industry Learn from the Music Industry’s Transformation
Newly launched track
ASIA VIDEO TECH INNOVATION
6 Nov, Wed | 10.50am – 5pm
The tech innovation track spotlights cutting edge developments reshaping the distribution and consumption of video content. Join industry leaders for an insider’s look into the emerging technologies disrupting everything, from the creative process to business models and consumer behaviour.
Who should attend?
C-suite management and senior executives responsible for technology, innovation, customer experience, operation and product from the following sectors:
- Telecom operators
- Video streaming platforms
- Video solution specialists
- AR/VR specialists
- Technology startups.